The Southeast Governmental Fleet Managers Association has been serving professional fleet managers since 1993. This organization has grown to over 950 members which include fleet and public works managers, supervisors, purchasing and support personnel. Our members represent cities, counties, state, public service and school districts, colleges and universities. In 2005 we realized there was a need for the expansion of this organization to include, not only South Carolina, but the entire Southeast.
Our goals are to provide training sessions and networking opportunities to our members during the year. In addition, our annual meeting attracts over one hundred exhibitors who offer products and services directly related to your fleet’s operations and technical sessions which address both management and repair related issues.
If you have any questions we encourage you to give any of us a call. Also, please visit our website at www.sgfma.org. We look forward to your agency being a part of the SGFMA.
The goal of the SGFMA is:
- To foster and promote the advancement of the fleet profession through membership, association, and assistance to fellow fleet managers.
- To provide an open forum for the exchange of ideas, experience, and information related to the fleet management profession.
- To develop and promote improved standards and methods for the good management of fleet operations and assets.
- To seek the improvement of laws and regulations pertaining to fleet administration.
- Provide the exchange of information on procurement, maintenance, operation, and disposition of fleet equipment.
- Promote the professional, social, and personal interaction between members of the fleet management profession.
- To promote improved intergovernmental profession.